Monday, September 1, 2008

Hurricane Gustav

I considered taking Annie with me to Shreveport to stay with my brother and his family while Stephen stayed here with the animals especially when it was thought Gustav would hit Louisiana as a Category 4. But we decided to stay home when the forecast called for a Category 1 or 2 hurricane by the time the eye reached Lafayette. We were prepared for Category 3 (111 mph winds and up) but luckily that wasn't the case. We didn't even lose power though many in the city and surrounding areas have and may not have back for a few days.
Last night I tried to stop and appreciate the luxuries of having electricity that I usually take for granted...lights, hot water, stove, refrigerator, microwave and especially A/C in the humid 95 degree weather we've been dealing with lately.
But the best of all is that our family and friends are safe. We have a lot to be greatful for!

No comments: